Auditees vs Auditors in the Field of ESI Funds
29-30 September 2016 | Brussels
If you have any questions in regards to the programme or you would like to get any additional information, please contact Hella Baumeister.
The EU budget is complex and Audits are implemented to check that accounting processes work properly and the resulting accounting data are complete, correctly recorded and properly presented.
If the EU institutions and the Member States want to achieve the full potential of the EU budget to invest in Europe’s future, there needs to be a concerted effort to improve its effectiveness. For improving the EU budget’s potential to invest in the future of Europe by reducing errors, paying correct claims more quickly, investing in projects and measuring the returns on those investments to ensure they deliver and add value.
If the Commission, authorities in the Member States or independent auditors made use of all information available to them, they can prevent, detect and correct a significant proportion of the errors before these were made.
The results of audits of the European Union agencies and other decentralised bodies are reported in specific annual reports, which are published separately, together with a summary of the results.
Our experts will give you a comprehensive overview and expert
guidance helping to answer the following questions in your day-to-day business:
- Do the ESI Funds provide value for money?
- Have the used funds been kept to a minimum (economy)?
- Have the results been achieved with the fewest possible resource(efficiency)?
- Have spending or policy objectives been met (effectiveness)?
- Experts in charge of monitoring, evaluation, control and performance audit of ESI Funds, especially from:
- Managing and audit authorities
- Monitoring committees
- Intermediate bodies
- Regional and local authorities
- Court of auditors
- Beneficiaries of Eu funded projects
- Bodies working in European Territorial Cooperation
- Public and private banks and other financial intermediaries
- Consultants and lawyers
Workshop Material - No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Hella Baumeister.