Combating Fraud and Corruption in and by the Public Sector
19-22 June 2017 | Potsdam (near Berlin), Germany
If you have any questions in regards to the programme or you would like to get any additional information, please contact Juliana Veit.
Fraud and corruption in the public sector dramatically harm the economy, public finances as well as the reputation and credibility of the public institution!
Fraud and corruption are evolving in ever new forms, especially with the use of new technologies, these practices happen to proceed in a complex, hardly traceable way. Fraudulent and corrupt actions in the public sector are often exceeding the financial losses directly involved, enormously impacting upon the economy and public finances as well as the reputation and credibility of the public institution. Investigations, especially if not performed effectively, will be cost-intensive and lengthy.
Public authorities need to implement proactive measures and tools to effectively prevent and detect fraud and corruption!
Therefore, public authorities need to be increasingly vigilant in setting-up anti-corruption and fraud systems and implementing appropriate policies and procedures of transparency, integrity and accountability to assist with the prevention and early detection of fraud and corruption. Risk managers and anti-corruption officers in public bodies need to be aware of preventive and detective measures and strategies but also to enable and empower the employees of the institution to understand the principles of fraud and corruption, how to report it and the impact thereof.
|What you will learn during the Summer Course
- How to identify and assess risks for fraud and corruption?
- What are red flags for fraud and corruption?
- How to establish, communicate and maintain core values and ethical behavior in your organization?
- How to develop and implement effective anti-fraud measures for prevention and detection?
- How to encourage reporting of potential or actual misconduct?
- How to effectively use interview techniques?
- How to set up and implement internal and quality controls and procedures?
- How to perform fraud risk assessment and how to apply appropriate IT tools?
- How to protect sensitive data and intellectual property in your organisation?
- What are new IT trends and their fraud risks?
During this Summer Course you will learn how to implement and how to improve your anti-fraud cycle. Leading experts from national and international public institutions will create a helpdesk for you and will discuss your individual cases and questions with you.
|Your benefits of attending
- Make sure your organization is taking precautions against fraud and corruption
- Become familiar with techniques and tools to prevent and detect fraud and corruption
- Receive recommendations how to protect your electronic assets
- Benefit from the knowledge and experience of leading experts
- Experience real-life cases and a number of interactive exercises
- Exchange with colleagues in discussion rounds and group work
- Enjoy networking and social activities in a great atmosphere in beautiful Potsdam
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
|Who should participate at the Summer Course?
- Anti-fraud and corruption officers
- Procurement officers
- Internal and external auditors
- Risk managers and compliance officers
- Public officials responsible for the prevention of fraud and corruption as well as for risk assessment, risk management and criminal investigation
from the following institutions:
- Public Authorities on international, national and regional level
- Courts of auditors on national and regional level
- Corruption prevention and combating bureaus
- National and regional police authorities
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Consulting companies and legal practitioners
- Academic institutions
Course Material - No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the Summer Course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Juliana Veit.