§ 1 Scope of application
1. The following general terms and conditions are valid for all business connections between Lexxion Verlagsgesellschaft mbH [hereafter referred to as “Lexxion”] and the participants in our trainings and conferences. The version applicable is the one valid at the time of the conclusion of the contract.
2. Terms and conditions deviating or contradicting or supplemental to our general terms and conditions are not part of the contract, even when acknowledged, unless their application is explicitly agreed upon in a written form.
§ 2 Conclusion of contracts
1. A filled registration form transmitted to Lexxion via fax, post, e-mail or via our website represents a binding offer to conclude a contract.
2. Unless stated otherwise, Lexxion will accept the registration within 3 days by sending confirmation of the participation and the invoice via e-mail, fax or post. After the receipt of the confirmation of the participation the contract will be valid.
3. Lexxion reserves the right to reject any registration.
4. If the number of seats is limited, registrations will be accepted on the first come-first served principle.
§ 3 Participation fee and payment
1. The participation fee is indicated in the registration form and covers, unless stated otherwise, the participation in the training/ conference, the academy material, coffee breaks and lunches.
2. All prices indicated are final prices in € and exclude VAT unless stated otherwise.
3. The participation fee is to be paid within the period indicated on the invoice. On expiry date of this period the participant is in default. If in default, the participant is obliged to pay 5% interest on the base rate of the debt. The pre-payment of the fee is the condition for participation in the training or the conference. Payments are possible by either bank transfer or by credit card.
4. In case that Lexxion helps you with the hotel and/or travel arrangements, we reject any obligations arising from the bookings. Hotel and travel costs as well as costs resulting from cancellations or “no-show” are at the expense of the participant.
§ 4 Cancellation by the participant
1. Cancellations must be made in writing via post or fax.
2. Full participation fees will be charged for cancellations received within 2 weeks of the event (included illness or impediment which prevents one from fulfilling one‘s duties).
3. Upon agreement with the organisers, nomination of a substitute is possible in case of inability to attend.
4. In the unlikely event of cancellation on the part of the organisers, notice will be duly given no later than 2 weeks prior to the event, and participation fees will be fully refunded.
5. The organisers are not responsibile for reimbursement of travel, accommodation, and/or loss of working hours expenses, unless such costs are incurred as a result of wantonly negligent or deliberate behaviour on the part of the organisers.
§ 5 Changes in the service and cancellation by Lexxion
1. Lexxion has the right to modify the programme and to change the speakers at any time while maintaining the topic of the event. Due to organisational issues the venue of the event can be changed. In case of changes of the venue or time schedule, the participants will be informed via e-mail.
2. Lexxion reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event up to 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the event. In such case we will inform the participants immediately and the participation fee will be fully reimbursed. A reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses as well as loss of working hours is not possible, unless such costs result from wantonly negligent or deliberate behaviour on the part of the organiser.
3.In cases of short-noticed cancellations caused by force majeure the participation fee will be fully reimbursed. A reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses as well as loss of working hours is not possible.
§ 6 Liability
1. The events are conducted by qualified speakers. The view expressed in the conduct of the events are their own and Lexxion accepts no liability for their correctness and completeness. The content of the event and advices given by the speakers do not constitute legal advice. Lexxion excludes any liability for loss or damage suffered as result of any advice given in our events.
2. Lexxion can not be hold liable for the loss of any personal belongings taken to the events by the participants.
§ 7 Copyright
All materials and documents distributed during the event are intended for the use by the participant only and are protected by the intellectual property law. The publication, duplication and distribution of these documents without prior written permission by Lexxion is prohibited.
§ 8 Data privacy
1. The participant has been circumstantially informed on the form, extent, place and purpose of the acquisition, processing and use of personal data required for ordering. The participant has also been circumstantially informed on their right to object to the use of their anonymous user profile for advertising purposes, marketing research and demand-oriented organisation of services (see our "data privacy information").
2. The participant agrees explicitly to the acquisition, processing and use of personal data. The customer is entitled to revoke the agreement at any time with effect for the future.
3. Group pictures taken during the events may be used for marketing purposes (website, flyers, brochures etc.). The participant may disagree to that during the conduct of the event.
§ 9 Final clause
1. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies solely. Regulations of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods do not apply.
2. If the participant is a merchant, a legal person under public law or a special fund under public law, the exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes regarding this contract is our place of business. The same applies if the customer does not have a legal forum in Germany or if the participant‘s place of residence or habitual residence are unknown at the time of the filing of the lawsuit.
3. Should single regulations of the contract with the participant, including these general terms and conditions, be or become wholly or partially invalid, the validity of other regulations remains unaltered.