State Aid from A to Z
Intensive Four-day Summer Course
29 August - 1 September 2017
If you have any questions in regards to the programme of the upcoming Summer Course on State Aid or you would like to get any additional information, please contact Juliana Veit.
Our Summer Course will give you a comprehensive overview of the essential State aid regulations and provide you with a practical "toolbox" for assessment of State aid and design of public measures compatible with the Internal Market. Each day, the experts' presentations will be enriched by working group exercises, best practices examples and interactive case studies.
The four-day summer course offers the possibility to meet and exchange with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support to apply the complex rules to real cases. A mix of learning methods will be applied in the course to achieve the best results.
The Lexxion Training Method combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of EU rules:
1) Identification of the main points or principles;
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles, and
3) Application of the principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
|Why should you participate?
- Become familiar with the concept and principles of State aid
- Learn how to determine whether a measure contains State aid
- Learn how to assess the existence of State aid and its compatibility with the internal market
- Receive a detailed insight into the most important State aid exemptions and how to apply them
- Become acquainted with the State procedures concerning the notification procedure and recovery of unlawful aid
- Increase your knowledge on the main horizontal guidelines
- Make sure you finance infrastructure projects in compliance with State aid rules
- Apply your updated knowledge in various practical cases and group exercises
- Analyse your problems and discuss your questions with experts from public and private practice
- Exchange with State aid experts from many different Member States and enjoy networking in various social evening activities
- Public officials from:
- Ministries and other national authorities
- National Competition Authorities
- State Aid Monitoring Offices
- Courts of Auditors
- Regional governments
- Communal and City councils
- National and Regional Development Agencies
involved in granting State aid in sectors such as:
- ESI funds experts from:
- Transport and infrastructure
- Environment and Energy
- Telecommunication and Broadband
- Social services and health
- Research, Development & Innovation'
- Institutions coordinating the national strategies for Structural Funds
- Managing, Certifying and Audit Authorities
- Intermediate bodies
- Bodies implementing EU funded projects
- Lawyers and consultants
- Experts from Public and private banks
Course Material - No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Juliana Veit