State Aid Assessment and Evaluation
30-31 May 2017 | Brussels
If you would like to receive the programme for this workshop or more information about it please contact Gael Langosch.
A primary objective of the State Aid Modernisation initiative was to improve the “assessment of genuine market failures, the incentive effect and the negative effects of public interventions”. In addition, the Commission intends to request ex-post “evaluation” of implemented State aid schemes. Due to these new requirements, State aid experts struggle with the application of the evaluation methodologies necessary for the rightful implementation of their measures. The purpose of this seminar is to explain how ex-ante assessment and ex-post evaluation of State aid measures can be effectively achieved with the use of well-established methodologies.
In this 2-day intensive training, our experts will examine the concept of assessment and evaluation of State aid measures and present examples on how to apply various methodologies to your projects.
- Ex-ante Assessment: The Need and Amount of Aid
- Financial Viability, Use of Financial Indicators and Cost of Capital
- EU Rules on Ex-post Evaluation andResults
- Case Studies:
- Use of Financial Indicators
- FundingGap Method
- Evaluation Methodologies
- Relevant Statistical Techniques
- Identifying the Right Control Group
- Case Study:
- The Experience of the Netherlands
- Lessons to be Drawn
You will be actively involved in the training. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States. Do you want to get sure, that our experts will cover the topics most interesting for you? Just send us your cases and questions in advance. We will forward them to our speakers.
State aid officials from:
- Ministries and other national authorities
- State Aid Monitoring Offices
- Regional governments
- Communal and city councils involved in granting State aid in sectors such as:
- Transport and infrastructure
- Environment and energy
- Telecommunication and broadband
- Social services and health
- Employees of National and Regional Development Agencies
- Lawyers and Consultants specialized in public affairs
Training Material - No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the training you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Gael Langosch.