15th Experts' Forum on New Developments in European State Aid Law
8-9 June 2017, Brussels
If you have any questions in regards to the programme of the upcoming EStALI Forum or would like to get any additional information, please contact Juliana Veit.
Day 1: Workshop | Day 2: Conference
The Experts' Forum on New Developments in European State Aid Law is the leading platform to discuss and exchange current developments at the judiciary as well as the administrative level. As such, it brings together professionals and practitioners dealing with European State aid control – in both the fields of law and economics – and is regularly being attended by high-level representatives from EU Institutions, EU Member States, EU judiciary as well as by private legal practitioners, industry and academics.
Workshop | Day 1
The intensive workshop on the first day will give participants a profound insight into currently debated State aid issues. The focus will be done on two specific topics, which will be explored and discussed in a small group, thus giving sufficient room for interaction, lively debates and your individual questions.
Topics of the Workshop:
- Morning Session: State Aid Control in the Energy Sector
- Afternoon Session: State Aid Enforcement and Recovery
Conference | Day 2
At the conference you can update your State aid knowledge thanks to a number of highly topical presentations from our renowned experts, which is drawn from EU judiciary, the EU Commission, academia and private legal practice, allowing an insight into the topics from different angles. Q&A sessions leave time for exchange and discussion with colleagues from different EU Member States – use the great networking opportunity!
Topics of the Conference:
- Overview of the jurisprudence of the EU Courts in State aid matters 2016/2017
- The novel judgements on material selectivity – Is a new model emerging?
- Conflict of laws: Interplay of State aid law and arbitration law
- Infrastructure funding – On the way of a more coherent Commission practice?
- Regional aid – Clarification for large investment projects on relocation and extension of existing facilities?
- Private legal practitioners
- Representatives from public authorities on national, regional and local level
- Representatives from public and private banks
- Industry representatives and in-house counsels dealing with State aid law
• The forum is the leading platform to present and discuss the latest
developments in European State aid control.
• Experts from the European institutions, national authorities, private legal
practitioners, academics and industry representatives have the opportunity to
exchange their views on the rules that guide European State aid control.
• Participants will earn SRA CPD credits for the conference and the workshop.
• Amongst the participants were delegates from a number of the European
Union’s 28 Member States – and beyond.
Workshop and/or Conference Material - No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Juliana Veit.