Public Procurement for Utilities and Concessions Contracts
7-8 June 2017 | Brussels
If you have any questions in regards to the programme of the upcoming training or would like to get more information about it please contact Gael Langosch.
Within the EU Public Procurement Reform in 2014 the Utilities Directive 2014/25/EU and Directive 2014/23/EU on the award of concession contracts have been adopted.
State-owned and commercial entities, operating in the utilities sector, such as gas, electric transport and water firms, are obliged to apply the EU procurement policy when they purchase goods, services and works to pursue an activity in one of these sectors.
The rules adopted with the Concessions Directive allow public policy makers to use public contracts and concessions more effectively, modernise public sector and contribute to a more equitable and sustainable model of growth.
During this course you will learn how to choose the right procurement regime for your tender, how to handle cross-border procurement, learn about the procurement procedure for affiliated undertakings and utilities, you will be updated on the award procedures in utilities procurement and learn about concessions in the utilities sector.
This workshop will focus on:
- The Utilities Directive 2014/25/EU
- Coverage and regulatory remit
- Sectors and market access
- Exemptions from utilities procurement
- Publicity, qualification and award stages
- Award procedures, assessment, award criteria and redress
- Rules for concessions contracts – Directive 2014/23/EU
- PPPs and concessions in the utilities sector
- Public-Private and Public-Public Partnership
- Concessions in the utilities sector
Case Studies & Practical Insights
Case Study: The Water Sector Utilities in Member States
Receive most practical insights and learn from case studies & best-practice solutions of various EU Member States.
This workshop is designed for public officials as well as professionals working with utilities and concessions contracts in the following institutions:
- Public Authorities on EU, national and regional level
- Public undertakings operating in the utilities sector
- Private undertakings operating in the utilities sector (transport, gas, electricity, water)
- Consulting companies and legal practitioners
- Academic institutions
Workshop Material - No need to miss anything! If you were unable to make it to the workshop you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Gael Langosch.