• The New Economic Approach in State Aid Cases – The Role of Economic Analysis
• The Notion of State Aid
This intensive workshop was limited to 15 delegates in order to allow in-depth approach and interactive discussions.
Agenda of the conference, 7/8 June 2012:
• Keynote by Joaquín ALMUNIA, Vice-President of the European Commission
• The State Aid Modernisation Initiative presented by Gert-Jan KOOPMAN, Deputy Director General State Aid, DG COMP, European Commission
• The Overhaul of the Regional Aid Guidelines and the Implementation of Economic Analysis presented by Kai-Uwe KÜHN, Chief Economist, DG COMP, European Commission
• Financial Services under the Scrutiny of EU State Aid Rules in the Context of the Sovereign Debt Crisis presented by Irmfried SCHWIMANN, Director "Markets and Cases II: Financial Services", DG COMP, European Commission
• The Notion of Aid in Fiscal Cases presented by Joachim ENGLISCH, Professor of Law, University of Münster
• Round Table of the National Judiciaries with two European judges and one from the United States
All of these were commented by high-level representatives from the General Court of the EU, the European Commission, national authorities, the industry and academia as well as private legal practice.
• EC competition lawyers working at a competition authority – in-house or in private practice
• private legal practitioners
• industry representatives with an interest in the law and economics of European State aid
Benefits of Attending
• The forum is the leading platform to present and discuss the latest developments in European State aid control.
• Experts from the European institutions, national authorities, private legal practitioners, academics and industry representatives have the opportunity to exchange their views on the rules that guide European State aid control.
• Participants were able to earn 11 hours SRA CPD credit for the conference and 6 hours SRA CPD credit for the workshop.
• Amongst the participants were delegates from a number of the European Union’s 27 Member States – and beyond.