This year’s autumn event was organised in cooperation with the Leiden Expert Group on State Aid (LEGSA). Therefore, it took place on the campus of Leiden University.
During our two-day event participants were able to explore the latest developments in the field of European State Aid Law. Whilst the intensive workshop focused on two specific topics in a small group of experts on day 1 they had the opportunity to take advantage of a number of up-to-date presentations plus a great networking opportunity during the conference on day 2!
Workshop topics - 1 December:
• The New Package for Services of General Economic Interest (SGEI)
Conference topics - 2 December:
• The Concept of Selectivity in the Most Recent Jurisprudence of the EU Courts
• The New Guidelines for Rescue & Restructuring in the Financial Sector
• The New Rules for Services of General Economic Interest (SGEI)
• The Funding of Infrastructure and the Revision of the 2005 Airport Guidelines
• EC competition lawyers working at a competition authority, in-house, or in private practice • private legal practitioners • economists • academics • industry representatives with an interest in the law and economics of European State aid
Benefits of Attending
Since its launch in 2003 this event has grown to be the leading platform to present and discuss the latest developments in European State aid control. As it has been the case in previous years, private legal practitioners, economists, academics and industry representatives will have the opportunity to benefit from exchanging their views on the rules that will guide European State aid control for the coming years.
The high quality of the presentations as well as the analyses provided by our active participants guarantee a professional update on the most important issues.
Overall we expect to welcome delegates from all of the European Union’s 27 Member States – and beyond.