Summer Course on Financial Control and Audit of ESI Funds
12-14 June 2017 | Amsterdam
If you have any questions regarding the course or you would like to get any additional information, please contact Maja Wirbatz.
In the current programming period a stronger control regime with the focus on effective financial management and control was established, aimed to prevent and detect irregularities at all stages. Managing Authorities have to issue an annual management declaration, follow the new Guidance on Management Verifications and verify eligibility of expenditure as well as compliance with the complex State aid and public procurement rules. Irregularities at any stage can result in repayments and financial corrections.
Moreover, an enhanced orientation towards performance and results (inter alia, introduction of ex-ante conditionalities and of a performance framework; more emphasis on project selection, monitoring, evaluation and reporting) renders performance auditing even more important. Therefore, national authorities have to meet the challenges of stronger financial controls and carry out the respective system, financial and performance audits.
During our intensive 3-days Summer Course you will participate in numerous in-depth presentation and interactive working groups, learn from practical case studies and exchange best practices on:
- Financial management and control system of ESI Funds 2014-2020
- Methodologies and conduct of management verifications
- Most common irregularities
- Audits - types and methodology
- Financial corrections
- New Accounting Year, Annual Accounts and Management Declaration
The participants will be actively involved in the training. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training.
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of management and implementation of Operational Programmes 2014-2020, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Auditors controlling and auditing ESI Funds programmes and projects from:
- National and regional Court of Audit
- Institutions involved in implementation of ESI funds
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.:
- Private and public companies
- Associations, research institutes
- International, national and local associations and networks
- Consultants and lawyers specialised on ESI Funds