Improving Verifications of ESI Funds 2014-2020
If you have any questions regarding the programme or you would like to get any additional information, please contact Juliana Veit.
In the programming period 2014-2020 Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies will have to meet a number of new requirements with regard to administrative and on-the-spot verifications. Not only eligibility of expenditures and compliance with complex State aid and public procurement rules have to be considered but also the detection and prevention of irregularities and fraud. Irregularities and errors can result in repayments and financial corrections. Therefore, national authorities have to meet the challenges of stronger financial controls and carry out the respective audits.
This intensive workshop for experts from Managing, Certifying, Audit Authorities and Intermediate Bodies will provide in-depth knowledge, practical exercises and exchange of experience on financial management & control of ESI Funds with the special focus on the new procedures and requirements for a proper verification of ESI Funds 2014-2020.
This two-day intensive workshop focuses on the following topics:
- Verification of Expenditures: New Legal Requirements
- Successful Strategies for Administrative & On-the-Spot Verifications
- How to Improve the Verification Strategies
- Risk Analysis & Sampling
- Verification & Simplified Cost Options
- How to Verify Eligibility of Costs
- Compliance with State Aid & Public Procurement Rules
- Handling Irregularities & Financial Corrections
- The anti-fraud cycle: prevention, detection, correction & prosecution of
fraud and corruption
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of first-level control and audit, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Regional and local authorities
- Court of Auditors
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Bodies working in European Territorial Cooperation
- Public and private banks and other financial intermediaries
- International, national and local associations and networks
- Consultants and lawyers specialised on ESI Funds
Workshop Material - No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the workshop you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Juliana Veit.