Financial Instruments: Selection and Cooperation with Financial Intermediaries
6-7 April 2017 | Rome
If you would like to receive the programme for this workshop or more information about it please contact Hella Baumeister.
The target of this practical two-day seminar is to offer space for staff from managing authorities, intermediate bodies and the financial institutions involved in the implementation of ESIF-funded financial instruments where they can exchange and discuss their experience and good practice and find guidance for future cooperation. Our advanced seminar will support a sound selection and remuneration of financial intermediaries in compliance with State aid and public procurement rules. An additional focus lies on how to ensure a smooth cooperation between all bodies implementing FIs on different management levels, the challenges of good communication, continuous monitoring as well as of financial management, also in regard to the closure of financial instruments 2007-13.
The participants will be actively involved in the training. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
- Legislative framework for decentralised financial instruments
- The theory and practice of structuring of financial instruments
- Public procurement and the design of competitive calls
- Ensuring compliance with State aid rules
- Management costs and fees for financial intermediaries (incl. practical exercises)
- Best practice: How to ensure good cooperation between Managing Authorities
- and Fund of Funds/Financial intermediaries
- Sharing your experience about how to cooperate with different bodies involved in the implementation of a financial instrument (workshop & group work)
- Financial Engineering Instruments and Closure of the Programming Period 2007-13 Outstanding Challenges
- Legal experts and risk managers from managing authorities in charge of financial instruments, e.g. from ministries of finance, economic affairs and regional development
- Experts from intermediate bodies responsible for set up and implementation of FIs
- Fund of Funds and Holding fund managers
- Staff from financial institutions or development agencies involved in FIs implementation
- Employees of national promotional banks (NPBs) co-financing projects and investment platforms
- ESIF Compliance officers
- Financial controllers and auditors
- Legal counsels and consultants advising managing authorities or financial intermediaries
- Increase your knowledge of the implementation and management of financial instruments, especially in relation to the cooperation with financial intermediaries
- Have a clear understanding when EU regulations have primacy and when national laws have to be applied
- Be aware of the compliance requirements with other law regimes such as State aid and public procurement rules
- Improve the design and implementation of funding agreements
- Get to know the business perspective on how to create a strong investment portfolio
- Benefit from another Member State’s implementation experience and learn good practices
- Have a platform to exchange ideas and challenges within their organisation and receive practical advice on current cases
Discuss your own cases and get answer to the questions arising in your daily practice:
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
|Participants will Receive Extensive Materials
- A confirmation of participation will be handed out after the training.
- All presentations shown during the training
- (including online access to all presentations after the training)
- Selection of corresponding journals published by Lexxion
Workshop Material - No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Hella Baumeister.