Evaluation and Monitoring in Programme Management of ESI Funds 2014-2020
27-28 March 2017 | Brussels
If you have any questions in regards to the programme or you would like to get any additional information, please contact Hella Baumeister.
Are you aware of the obligations regarding monitoring and evaluation during the management of Operational Programmes and EU-funded projects? Are you able to ensure a high quality of evaluation? Which activities of managing authority have a true added value for applicants and beneficiaries of the individual programmes? What is done unnecessarily in the implementation of the ESI Funds that blocks the administrative capacity? What shall be changed to improve the ESI Funds performance? What is the effect of ESIF funded interventions? Is there an impact on citizens’ life? Do we deliver results?
Evaluation is an essential part of sound management and coordination of assistance from the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds). The European Union legislation for the 2014-2020 programming period puts a stronger emphasis on evaluations than before.
Evaluation is a process based on a thorough collection of primary and/or secondary data, their systematic and orderly arrangement, professional processing and subsequent evaluation. Under the ESIF, process evaluations focus on assessing the processes of implementation of programmes in the organisations responsible for their management. The aim of the evaluation and monitoring process is to obtain reliable data for strategic management, management of the Partnership Agreement and coordination of Operational Programmes. The further target is to evaluate effects caused by intervention and improve the quality, efficiency and consistency of aid from the ESI Funds.
The workshop will provide participants with a deeper understanding of what evaluation can/cannot deliver and therefore mainly focus on the presentation of evaluation/monitoring methods and their limits. The goal of the seminar is to increase your ability to design, manage and monitor the evaluations – mainly linked to ESI funds:
- Learn about the inventory of evaluation methods (process evaluation, impact evaluation and counterfactual impact evaluation) and when/how to apply them
- Understand what impact evaluation is and what are the different techniques used for its performance
- Make judgments about the situations (and/or interventions) when impact evaluation is appropriate to use
- Know which kind of evaluation or decision-making questions is best suited to answer the requirements of the European Commission and can ensure the optimal implementation of your programme
Prepare the Terms of Reference for the tender of evaluation services and establish a management plan for cooperation with a sub-contractor
- Public officials responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of Operational Programmes and EU-funded projects working in:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Representatives from ESI Funds authorities in charge of implementation and management of Technical Assistance
- Evaluation officers in the National Coordination Authorities supervising the management and implementation of ESI Funds in their Member States
- Applicants and beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Consultants, auditors and other stakeholders involved in the management of evaluation procedures for policies, programmes and projects
Workshop Material - No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Hella Baumeister.