Advanced Summer Course on EU Financial Instruments:
Current Challenges for Set-up and Management
10-12 July 2017 | The Hague
If you would like to receive the programme for this workshop or more information about it please contact Hella Baumeister.
The current policy framework for ESI Funds emphasises the need for a significant use of financial instruments with multiplied amounts of ESIF resources delivered to SMEs and other final recipients. Managing authorities within all ESI Funds are currently establishing and implementing the new financial instrumentsIn forms of loans, guarantees, equity and quasi equity. During these processes, ESIF experts need to be aware not only of the Common Provision Regulation but also of the public procurement and State aid regulations.
The Commission also supports the use of Financial Instrument by providing off-the-shelf instruments and enabling the managing authorities to get involved in the centrally-managed Financial Instrument such as Horizon 2020, COSME, InnvoFin and the SME Initiative.
Additionally, synergies are possible with resources under the Juncker Plan or European Fund for Strategic Investments. The possibilities to combine different sources of funding on the programme and project level are in focus of Managing Authorities and other bodies involved in the implementation of financial instruments across Europe.
Lexxion’s three-day advanced Summer Course offers the perfect opportunity to meet and discuss the current challenges for set-up and implementation of financial instruments. Participate in in-depth presentations and exchange good practices on topics such as:
- Regulatory framework and set-up requirements
- Role of the EIB in the implementation of financial instruments
- EFSI and FIs: Synergies and complementarities by combination of funds
- Use of Repayable Assistance in comparison to financial instruments and Grants
- Selection of financial intermediaries and fund of funds
- Public procurement compliance
- Compliance with State Aid rules and using de minimis aid
- Good practices and lessons learnt from 2007-2013
- Structure and practical examples of using Loans, Guarantees and Equity
- Several interactive discussion rounds and solving sessions
- NEW – World café: Discuss in groups - structuring financial instruments
- How the FIs are structured in your Member States
- in the current programming period
- Bring your urgent questions forward and approach them
to the Speakers
- Get ideas for best handling or new ideas for best use
of financial instruments
Our Summer Course will combine lectures, tutorials, case studies and discussion on practical problems. As a participant you will be actively involved in the course and be able to present your own problematic issues. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support to apply the complex rules to real case and a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course to achieve the best results.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Experts from managing, certifying and audit authorities as well as from intermediate bodies responsible for set up and implementation of financial instruments
Fund of Funds and Holding fund managers
Staff from financial institutions or development agencies involved in FIs implementation
Employees of national promotional banks (NPBs) co-financing projects and investment platforms
Experts liaising with the European Investment Bank (EIB) Group
ESIF Compliance officers
Financial controller and auditor
Legal counsels and consultants advising managing authorities or financial intermediaries
|Why you should participate?
- Increase your knowledge of the implementation and management of financial instruments
- Be aware of the complex compliance requirements such as State aid and public procurement rules
- Have a clear understanding when EU regulations apply and when national laws have to be applied
- Improve funding agreements
- Be able to improve tendering procedures and calls for the expression of interest
- Get to know the business perspective on how to create a strong investment portfolio
- Benefit from another Member State’s implementation experience & learn good practices
- Have a platform to exchange ideas and challenges within their organisation and receive practical advice on current cases
|Course Material - No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the summer course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Hella Baumeister.